Main Training Menu > Quiz:: Are You a Public
Are You a "Public Speaking Idiot"? - Take Our 10-Question
So, what is a public speaking idiot, anyway?
A public speaking idiot is a person who is suffering
from delusions about what public speaking is,
or what it can do for them.
Here's a 10-question quiz to tell if you're
a public speaking idiot or not - each "yes" answer
earns you 1 point:
1. Did you quit your job or profession to pursue
a lucrative career in speaking?
2. Do you see public speaking as a way to motivate
3. Are you speaking on a topic that you are passionate
4. Have you made sure to follow the advice to
"write a book on your topic" and spent tons of
time and money on "your baby"?
5. Are you a presenter or speaker who belongs
to one of the well- known "speakers' clubs or
6. Are you hoping to get booked for speaking
gigs by event organizers and meeting planners?
7. Do you belong to a speaker's bureau?
8. Are you looking forward to glamorous speaking
engagements around the country or around the world?
9. Did you get into public speaking because you
think it's going to be "easy money"?
10 Do you have a goal of sharing the stage with
other famous keynote speakers?
11. Do you dream of being on "Oprah" someday
to promote yourself and/or your book?
Now, total up your points, here's how to score
Sorry, you are NOT a public speaking idiot. Try
Sorry, you are also not a public speaking idiot,
but with some effort, you could be if you really
put your nose to the grindstone.
You are very close to being a public speaking
idiot - with just a tiny bit of effort you could
become a public speaking idiot.
Congratulations! You are a Public Speaking Idiot!
You are not a public speaking idiot - you are
to stop being a public speaking idiot starting